ArkÍs Neem ñProtectî Spray is environmentally friendly, gentle and a non-drying formula for pets including: dogs, cats and horses. ItÍs perfect for animals with skin and coat issues including insect bites and skin and coat irritation.
The active ingredients in our spray are Neem and citronella. Neem is a tree native to the Indian subcontinent. Neem has been used for thousands of years by the people of India, Southeast Asia and Africa. In the natural product world it has many uses.
- Specially formulated for Ark Naturals by our herbal scientist and veterinarian using premium natural botanical extracts.
- Neem oil may help reduce the risk of infections, itching and dermatitis from insect bites.
- The Neem tree is native to the Indian subcontinent, it's a member of the mahogany family and is a tall spreading tree with white flowers -- very often used as a shade tree.
- Both Neem seeds and leaves contain unique phytochemical properties that have many uses in the 'natural' world.
- Neem is a popular medicinal plant in India and other places where the tree grows.
- Ayurveda, the traditional Indian system of medicine lists over 60 applications for neem.
- Modern research has confirmed that Neem seed oil, and leaf extracts are anti-bacterial, anti-viral and have wound healing properties.
- The primary active phytochemical in Neem oil and extracts are a group of related compounds called 'azadirachtins'