Super Vegan News - Week of February 28, 2021
This week in Super Vegan News:
- The governor of Colorado declares March 20th "Meatout" Day. Ranchers threaten to leave the state. Maybe because of the name? Meat-out...
- Even though Starbucks acknowledged that cow’s milk is the company’s biggest source of carbon dioxide emissions, it continues to charge extra for non-dairy alternatives while giving away the cow's milk for free. Actor Alan Cumming has had enough of this nonsensical practice.
- Russian poultry plant confirms several cases of (bird) flu being passed from chickens to plant workers.
- You might be thinking about going vegan after reading that last headline. Here are some tips for maximizing plant-based nutrients.
- Nestle is venturing deeper into vegan offerings--should vegans buy or boycott?
- "That Vegan Teacher" had her TikTok account blocked after a petition gathers 20,000 signatures.
- NYC residents recently got an email from the mayor asking them to go meatless. Maybe the mayor will also email restaurants and ask them to make vegan-friendly dishes? Because that would also help.