Super Vegan News - December 21, 2020
This week in Super Vegan News:
- "Hypothetically" speaking: It's your birthday. Your aunt and her new husband ask you to pick out a restaurant. You choose a vegan Thai place and send them a link to the restaurant ahead of time. They confirm. The next day you receive an angry text from your aunt accusing you of forcing your veganism on her meathead husband. Are you the a-hole? Reddit weighs in...
- What do boy bands, Beyond Meat, and basketball have in common? Hint: Veganism.
- Clueless-star Alicia Silverstone raises a plant-based Bear.
- Portland welcomes a Plant Based Papi to its thriving restaurant scene.
- Mamma Mia--it's a fake cheese-a! Vegan Italian deli opens in NYC's Little Italy.
- A vegan vending machine is coming to Las Vegas.
- Another myth about veganism is debunked by research.
- "Thrift flipping", water bottles on the red carpet, avocado pits for your armpits? We love to see it. Click here for more of the most sustainable fashion moments of 2020.
- Earthling and Activist, Ed Winters, opens a lifelong, no-kill sanctuary for animals rescued from slaughterhouses.
- Days earlier, slain Animal-rights Activist was remembered with a documentary, entitled We Are Their Voice | The Regan Russell Story. Regan Russell was struck and killed by a truck carrying pigs to slaughter. In honor of her super vegan life, here is that documentary: