Super Vegan News - Week of January 17, 2021
This week in Super Vegan News:
- Oatly wants to protect producers of dairy-free alternatives from legal action from "Big Dairy". Add your voice to the fight and sign their petition here.
- Former rugby player creates a vegan baby formula line after struggling to find suitable plant-based products for his son.
- The quest for sustainable plant-based proteins has led food producers way beyond the beaten path--straight to the bottom of volcanoes!
- Tired of your mushrooms going bad before you can turn them into something delicious? Adidas has some ideas that'll make mushrooms last longer than your meal plan.
- Another half a million ducks raised for foie gras are scheduled to be killed in France. The thinking is that this will prevent the spread of a bird flu in France.
- A coalition of NGOs are calling for an urgent ban on bottom trawling (and other actions that will protect marine life) after the EU fails to deliver on its promises to achieve "good environmental status".
- Nutmilks and veggie burgers are super mainstream these days, but vegan seafood is taking a little longer to catch on. One writer explores some reasons why.
- A vegan diet reduces risk of type 2 diabetes. Here is the evidence.
- Looking for your next investment? Here are 6 predictions for plant-based trends in 2021.
- Want to show love for your favorite plant-based products, podcasts, and online stores that only sell super vegan stuff? (hint, hint). The 2021 VegNews Veggie Awards is now accepting votes and giving out incredible prizes!