Super Vegan News - Week of January 24, 2021
This week in Super Vegan News:
- As Veganuary draws to a close, one writer studies the impact of a month of veganism. Here's a fun fact: the average person's carbon footprint decreases by 75% when they #govegan
- Hong Kong-based startup accelerator and VC firm has committed to investing in more than 1,000 climate-conscious companies--here are some of the standouts in food tech startups who're rolling out "bacon" seasoning, cultured "meat", and human breast milk formula.
- The plant-based dairy industry may have to abandon its use of packaging that "reminds consumers of dairy products", like milk cartons.
- Dairy farmers continue to transition into cruelty-free farming practices like producing oat milk.
- Vegan Tik-Tok user Miss Kadie isn't backing down from her feud with Gordon Ramsay, and has strong feelings about organ donation for non vegans as well.
- Charlotte food truck, Romeo's Vegan Burgers, is having what is known as a "good problem"--too many customers!
- To combat the massive increase of plastic waste that has surged as restaurants have been forced to transition into takeout/delivery establishments, a large food delivery service in Hong Kong partnered with waste management company in to recycle single-use plastics.
- UK Hospitals have started using Elderberry liquid as treatment for Coronavirus, and now you can shop for organic Elderberry products here at TheSuperVeganMarket.com, including a DIY kit!
Got another type of bug? EcoPest Labs has non-toxic solutions for gnats and bed bugs. Gotta catch 'em all!