Super Vegan News - November 22, 2020
This week in super vegan news:
- Demand for turkey-free Thanksgiving dinner is way up.
- A group of hungry housemates help their reporter roomie try a bunch of vegan roasts on the market and give you their feedback on the best ones.
- If you'd rather have a "whole bird" for the "look of turkey" you can now order a vegan one from San Francisco based startup, Prime Roots.
- No Evil becomes the first plant-based brand to go "plastic negative"
- Another plastic-free "leather" maker gets a big investment from Natalie Portman and John Legend.
- "Leather" made from apples is a thing and just won a climate award.
- Binghampton vegan restaurant opens up a Thanksgiving hotline in case you need help figuring out how to veganize your family’s favorite holiday dishes. Get help on their Facebook page Wednesday from 3-4 pm EST.
- Compton rapper and vegan chef regroups after COVID-19 shuts down his music tour.
- Pro athlete Lewis Hamilton proves that healthy vegan dogs can be a thing.
- An entrepreneur in Southern Indian develops a technique for spinning wild desert plants into fine wool, sheep not necessary!
- The daughter of another race car driver converts her Arkansas family's farm into a plant-based one and opens a restaurant on site for a true farm-to-table experience.
- Dr. Praeger's is redefining the idea of a "turkey trot". Post a picture of yourself running on Thanksgiving Day and they will send you a box of "turkey burgers"! Click here for more details.