Super Vegan News - Week of February 7, 2021
This week in Super Vegan News:
- Mixed feelings about the Oatly Super Bowl ad.
- Diners ordering pricey fish dishes at high-end UK establishments may be shocked by a recent hidden-camera investigation into trout farms.
- In far less fishy news, eating vegan at fast food restaurants is easier than ever.
- The Mediterranean diet gets a lot of credit for its healthful effects, though a new study shows that going vegan is even more better.
- Instead of practicing Lent this year, an Irish writer observes how eating meat is mostly just out of habit.
- Even though food insecurity affects those of all diets, local food banks are not always able to service vegan communities. One Las Vegas food bank has a different story.
- Jazmine Sullivan goes vegan, loses 50 lbs., and gets body shamed (Story updated from September 2020)
- Are you in The Bay Area and feel like you could use a little food for your soul? Some creole cajun or East African spice? A vegan hood spot you can mob up to? Check out this list of seasoned vegans when you need a San Francisco treat.
Super Vegan at The Market This Week: Matcha whisks, simple (and fancy) hand painted tea pots, and tea that ages like fine wine. Get into it with new offerings from Tea & Whisk.