Super Vegan News - October 25, 2020
It's time for some more vegan news:
- With one of the most contentious U.S. presidential elections just 10 days away, the emotional mantra "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to" is taking on a whole new meaning! Vegan ice cream brand, Brave Robot, has launched emotional support packages so you can cry into a carton of "ice cream" AND make an impact.
- EU consumers might actually need that support the most right now since European Parliament has just decided that plant-based "milk", "yogurt", and "butter" products cannot contain those words. This came as a shock to many since this same governing body determined just moments earlier that plant-based "meat" and "burger" labels were totally fine. Make it make sense, MEPs!
- Popular grocery store chain, Kroger, has added more than 50 new plant-based products to its Simple Truth store brand, which launched in 2019. Kroger notes that this move is being driven by consumer demand, as purchases of refrigerated vegan "meat" products have increased by nearly 40% compared to animal products which have only increased by 2%.
- Market-research firm, Packaged Facts, provides some context to this uptick in plant-based product consumption in a newly published study. According to its research on Vegan, Vegetarian, Flexitarian, and Omnivore participants, those who trend towards more plant-based, have adopted even healthier diets during this Coronavirus shutdown.
- Some people can't be swayed by market research or governing bodies, so they turn to...hypnosis? Yep, one woman is seriously considering hypnotherapy as a way to get her boyfriend to enjoy a plant-based ThanksLIVING dinner. Apparently, he's still undecided.
- He's not the only one riding the fence. As fast-food chains rush to claim a piece of the plant-based pie, they just keep coming up short. Last year it was White Castle and Burger King rolling out Impossible patties with non-vegan cheese. Now Jack in the Box has jumped in the mix with an un-chicken sandwich. Here's the gotcha--it's topped with non-vegan mayo, which is made with eggs. Which means that their un-chicken sandwich is actually made with CHICKEN! We are confusion...
And this is why there’s TheSuperVeganMarket.com where ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING IS VEGAN--the mayo, the milk, and now the pizza! Pascuale's Pizzeria III in Middletown, NJ has these mouth-watering garlic knot vegan pizzas and you can now order them right here at TheSuperVeganMarket.com! You are very welcome.