Super Vegan News - Week of April 4, 2021
This week in Super Vegan News:
- Honey--without bees!
- An actual hot pocket for your taking your vegan nuggets to go. Bonus: Glass shards not included.
- If you're thinking about giving someone an "Easter Monday" gift this year, the president of Long Island-based group LION is urging the public not to gift ducklings or chicks or other live animals.
- Want to prevent the next pandemic? The World Health Organization suggests it may be time to close live animal markets.
- Want to find vegan mozzarella that actually melts? According to Tik Tok, you can easily make it yourself!
- Consumers prefer the term "plant-based" to "vegan" even when that category is inaccurate or limiting.
- Environmentally-friendly movements like plastic bag bans seem like something we can all get behind...until we don't. Researchers unpack the reasons why.
- What's even better than having cool aunts & uncles? A Caribbean couple who chose to open a quaint vegan restaurant in East Flatbush and call it Aunts Et Uncles because those are traditionally the people you turn to when you need cool vibes & food your parents won't have.
- Some people go to chapels to pray and have weddings. Other people go to Chapel for upcycled vegan leather luxury.
- After decades of sustainability initiatives, Turkey is poised to lead the global apparel production industry and save a bunch of water at the same time.
- Set your clocks for the world's first hemp watch.
- Qatar residents are on a mission to plant 1 million trees. They're making great progress.
What's Super Vegan at The Market This Week? Keto cookies and Frozen Donuts so healthy you could eat them for breakfast. Check out Planet Bake's full vegan sweets selection here.